Pages

Monday 17 September 2012

5 Most Worn Items Over Summer

Ok so I know it's sad Summer is coming to an end, but I thought I would take this opportunity to reflect back on what I have mostly been wearing over summer. These are some key items that have been essentials for me, especially pieces which I can switch up into a warmer outfits for those chilly summer days.

L-R Coral Blazer H&M, Floral Top H&M, White Tshirt Dorothy Perkins, Cardigan H&M, Denim Shorts Charity Shop

Coral Blazer

I have loved this blazer over summer, the 3/4 lengths sleeves and the bright coral colour brightened up any outfit and it is very comfortable and easy to wear. I was feeling a bit blue this summer as here in the UK the sun has been sparse, so this put me in a good mood whenever I wore it. 

Floral Top

I mostly wore this top with my coral blazer as they accompanied eachother really well. This top I found, could be dressed up with jeans and heels for the night and dressed down for the daytime with shorts and sandals. I love the floral pattern and the material is very light and breathable, so this gets a big thumbs up from me!

White Tshirts

I think a white tshirt is a must have for any wardrobe as they can be worn through all seasons with any outfit. Mine is an inexpensive one from Dorothy Perkins, I've had it since last year and wore it all last Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring!

Cardigan

Having a cardigan if you live in the UK is a must, as the weather is not reliable and can change from 'cracking the flags' to torrential rain before you can say "where's my umbrella?". I found this cardigan in the sale in H&M towards the end of Summer, but I will be wearing it through Autumn too so it will not be going to waste. It's a peach colour with a lovely knitted pattern, it's really warm and has an owl badge on it (so how could I not buy it?).

Denim Shorts

These denim shorts were actually high waisted jeans that I found in my local charity shop for about £3, I cut the legs off and hey presto! The great thing about these is that I can wear them all through Autumn and Winter too if I wear them with tights and boots. I love these and because they're so versatile of course they're in my top 5.


I hope you've enjoyed my top 5 items i've been wearing over summer. The year goes by so quickly and before I know it I'll be getting my sandals and beach bag back out! But if you do feel blue about Autumn/Winter read my blog 'How to get in the Autumn mood'. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment