Pages

Saturday 15 September 2012

Skincare Routine: Day & Night


My skincare routine isn't anything special, but I do have a few staple products which I could not do without. I have included my products I use (tried and tested!) that I really do feel benefit my skin type. NB I have oily/combination skin.

Morning Routine

L-R Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, Avene SPF 50 Emulsion, Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm 
For the morning I like my routine to be quick and simple, especially if I’m in a hurry. First I use my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish along with a muslin cloth (I will be doing a review on this soon, so look out for that). I then use a sunblock, I know it might sound tedious but the skin is delicate and to avoid any premature wrinkles or new wrinkles from appearing, it needs to be protected (even if it is a cloudy day). I finish off with some lip balm so lipstick applies easily when I come to do my makeup. Simple, quick and easy!


Night Routine

L-R Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, Anica Gel, Steam Cream, Avon Anew Eye Cream, Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm
However, my night routine is a takes a little longer, but I when I go to bed it’s nice to know your skin is completely clean and moisturised. I begin with my Liz Earle once again, I love this cleanser as it removes mascara and face makeup all in one go. Then I use arnica gel (you can probably find this in health shops or online), arnica is known for its healing anti-bacterial properties, and I find it really does help with any spots or pimples. Then I apply an eye cream, mine is just an inexpensive one, and apply it with your ring finger as this is the finger you apply the least amount of pressure with. Then for moisturizer, I use Steam Cream (available in John Lewis), Steam Cream is fused together with a shot of steam for long lasting hydration (apparently). Whether this is true or not I would repurchase this just for the smell, a lavender kind of smell that is just beautiful. Then I just finish with some more lip balm to hydrate my lips while I sleep.

If I want an extra bit of luxury before I go to bed I will use a face mask, I love the Lush facemasks as they’re made from fresh natural ingredients. I will use them after cleansing and before my moisturizer.

Lush face mask 'Brazened Honey'

Thanks for reading and I hope you found some tips from my everyday skincare routine.

Michelle xx :)

No comments:

Post a Comment