Pages

Thursday 27 September 2012

Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser Review

I have used this cleanser morning and night for the past 5 months

First Impressions:

When I first used this, it was slightly strange not to wet my face before washing it. It felt almost like I was moisturising my face before cleaning it (so this took some time to get used to). However, when I overcame this, I found taking my makeup off was a little less of a chore for 2 reasons. 1) I like that I can rub it all over my face (even eyes) and unlike other cleansers, it removes mascara and 2) I don't need to be splashing my face with water and searching for the towel with my eyes closed! 

How to use:

It's simple and really doesn't need explaining, but for anyone who hasn't tried it yet, I will. I apply 1-2 pumps to my face, massaging it all over my eyes, face and neck. Wet the muslin cloth and rub off the cleanser with the cloth in circular motions. That's it!

What do I think?

To put it simply, I love it! Liz Earle's website claims that it "removes all traces of daily grime and make up, while gently lifting away dead skin cells to reveal radiant skin" - they're not lying. I don't particularly suffer with acne, so cannot say if it would "cure" acne, but as far as making my skin look radiant, it does the job perfectly! The only con is washing the cloths every 3 uses. Not too much of a big deal, but when you're standing at 9pm with cleanser all over your face and nothing to wash it off with, then yes it is a face/palm moment (and yes I have done it).

Ingredients

It does contain natural ingredients (Beeswax, Eucalyptus essential oil, Cocoa butter, Rosemary Oil, Chamomile essential oil). However, for 'all-natural ingredients' lovers not all the ingredients are natural. For example, Dehydroacetic acid (which I can't even pronounce).

But, if you can get past the ingredients and having to wash the cloths every now and again, then this truly is a great cleanser and one I will be repurchasing for many years to come!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment