Pages

Sunday 29 September 2013

Boots Shopping Haul

These are just some of my recent purchases from a local Boots...



The main thing I went into Boots for was the Maybelline's Colour Tattoo eyeshadow in Metallic Pomegranate (which is swatched below) but I ended up buying more than I should have, it's always the way ;)



How amazing is this colour for Autumn. It's almost like a cranberry colour with gold sparkles in. I haven't worn it yet, so can't give an opinion on what it looks like on the eyes, but from the swatch below I think it will look gorgeous.


The next thing I bought was a Natural Collection lipstick in Cherry Red. I also thought this would be a lovely colour for the upcoming season, and with a price of £1.99 it would be wrong not to get it :). My Boots also had an offer of buy one get one half price! I've swatched the colour on my lips below as I always like to see lipsticks on the lips, rather than on a hand. 



When I was there I also got two nail polishes. These are by a brand called Sinful Colours which I haven't heard of before, but they had a really good selection of colours. These are the ones I liked, I think they were only £1.99 each.

L-R: Dancing Nails & 24/7

I also picked up a face mask as I had used up the one I usually use from Lush (the fresh face masks if you were wondering). So I got an anti-blemish mask for oily and spot prone skin by the brand Quick Fix Facials. I do have quite oily skin with the occasional breakout so I though this would be a good one to use. It contains dead sea mud, salicylic acid and tea tree oil. So it is a good mask for spot prone skin. I can't remember how much this was, I think around the £5 mark. 

I also got Collection's (formerly known as Collection 2000) Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer because mine had ran out. I will be doing a whole blogpost on this concealer soon so I won't go into much detail with it. In Boots this retails for £4.19.

I got a lip balm type thing, well actually it's more of a cream, well it is a cream. It's the Blistex Relief Cream; I use this every morning and night because I suffer quite badly with chapped cracked lips and this helps with that. Not that interesting of a product but it's good stuff.

Last thing I got was a powder which is Seventeen's Miracle Matte Loose Powder. This is a really good powder for oily skin like mine. It's oil free and it says it has shine control. I prefer this loose powder to pressed powders as I feel I can apply a bit more to my oily t-zone and this powder is better than others I have tried. This was £5.49 and the pressed formula retails a bit cheaper at £3.99.



Hope you enjoyed my Boots shopping haul. Let me know if you have tried any of the products and what you thought of them.

Thanks for reading!
Michelle xx

5 comments:

  1. I love all your picks, good old boots ;) although my fave has to be the natural collection lipsticks...they're amazing! Some of them are quite sheer and i don't like the packaging very much but for £1.99 you can't really argue x

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      £1.99 for a lipstick is a bargain isn't it. But I do agree with you the packaging is cheap feeling and a bit flimsy, but good product inside xx

      Delete
  2. Love the haul! I am mad after that colour tattoo and can't get it anywhere :(
    Great blog - wee follow :-)

    Rachael x
    All The Little Things x | Rachael McClenaghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Hun, makes my day :) xx

    ReplyDelete