Pages

Thursday 3 October 2013

Review: St Moriz Fake Tan


Even though summer is coming to an end doesn’t mean you have to blend in with the snow (which we’ll no doubt get in the UK this winter). I do like having a bit of colour, even in Autmn/Winter simply because it makes me feel good, and that’s all that matters I think. 

My absolute favourite fake tanner is by far the St Moriz mousse in medium for an instant tan which lasts the week, so I only have to do it once which is great (I’m lazy). This is a product I tried on a whim really not expecting great things for the cheap price. I used to use the St Tropez mousse all the time, but it wasn’t cheap (I think I used to pay £20), my friend used to use St Moriz and her tan looked exactly like mine and I remember thinking ‘why on earth am i spending £20 a pop on St Tropez?’, so I switched.


I like the mousse formula because I find it a bit lighter and easier to apply and rub in, I think St Moriz also do a cream type formula. I also like the fact the mousse is tinted so I know where it has been applied and for the fact it gives me instant colour. I am quite big on smells and this fake tan does smell, not sure if it’s the usual ‘biscuit smell’ but it does smell. Surprisingly it doesn’t bother me that much and the smell fades over a few hours. 

I usually apply it about an hour after getting out the shower, after shaving my legs and I’ve exfoliated. I just use some rubber gloves to apply it (like doctors gloves, I wouldn’t recommend marigolds). If your someone who likes using a mitt that’s fine to, I’ve tried the mousse with a mitt and it works great. I’d also recommend if your a person who suffers with dry patches I would moisturise those areas too, especially the knees and elbows. 

If your looking for a cheap alternative to the St Tropez tan (I would go as far as saying a dupe), this is well worth a try. You can buy it here, I’ve also seen it in boots.

What’s your favourite fake tanner?

Thanks for reading!
Michelle xx

1 comment:

  1. I have this too & I love it! Its defiantly as good as st tropez!
    Becky x

    http://beckysbeautyobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete